Flooring for Every Project
Our flooring displays are quite extensive in our showroom, and are available for you to check out whenever you feel like dropping by.
You can also check out the brands we offer in stock from our list of manufacturers here:
- Mohawk – Vinyl Plank & Sheet Vinyl, Carpet
- Karndean – Luxury Vinyl Tile
- EJ Welch – Vinyl Plank, Carpet
- Bella Cera – Engineered Hardwood, Hand Crafted Italian-American Style
- Tarkett Vinyl – Sheet Vinyl
- Axis Care – Stone Polymer Composite LVT
- Elandura – Rigid Core Flooring LVT, Made in Germany
- Bruce Barnwood Living – Engineered Hardwood, Made in the USA
- Arbor Hills – Composite Flooring LVT
All our flooring projects can also include a quote with the installation labor included. We have quite a few brand samples available in store, and can help you match the style or color palette you’re hoping to create. Our wide variety of flooring options will also allow you to meet any budget or style with the help of one of our team members. We’ll even deliver it, free of charge, right to your location within a 100 mile radius of our store!
How Should I Prepare for Flooring Installation?
We recommend ensuring the area that you plan to have flooring installed is clear from obstructions such as furniture and any movable objects. If you plan to have flooring installed before other items such as kitchen cabinets, and you’d like it to go under or around the cabinets, it’s best to communicate this with the Yoder Building Supplies team during the measurement and estimating stage so we can ensure we’ve quoted you for the proper amount of flooring you will need.
Does Flooring Need Underlayment?
It actually all depends on the type of flooring you’re looking to install. Many of our brands, such as the LVP and LVT styles have underlayment already added to the flooring. Underlayment is used to be a sound barrier and/or moisture barrier control under your flooring to protect it from damage. This is necessary for flooring such as hardwoods to ensure the longevity of your floors and prevent any sort of condensation from occurring and damaging the wood if laid over concrete or other temperature fluctuating sub-flooring.
Now Offering Carpet!
Brands you love, handed down from faces you remember. Yoder’s Building Supplies is so thankful to now offer a wide variety of carpet selections due to our partnership with Carpet Plaza! Carpet Plaza has been a staple in the Hibbing community for decades, and upon their family’s retirement, wanted to work with another local business to ensure the northland still had their fantastic options available with customer service they can count on. We’re so grateful for this opportunity to take over meeting the Iron Range’s need for quality carpeting, and excited to share the options within our showroom for customers to see for themselves.
What Carpeting Options Do You Have in Store?
We actually have 3 tiers of carpeting options that are all Mohawk brand, and each has its own value set:
- Our nylon carpeting options are built for high performance. They have a strong durability from wear and tear and are very stain resistant. This carpet is great for those who are looking for a competitively priced option that is going to stand the test of time.
- Our polyester carpeting options are perfect for those who enjoy soft to the touch fabrics, have youngsters in the crawling phase of life, or simply enjoy a more luxurious feel while still being on a budget.
- Our premium carpeting option is called SmartStrand, this is a product that we carry because it combines the best of both worlds for our polyester and nylon carpets! The SmartStrand technology allows the touch and feel of a luxurious product, but also the incredible stain and wear resistance of a more durable carpet without matting down or appearing worn over time. The best part (we think) about SmartStrand is that you don’t even need a shampooing based product to clean it. If you ever need to clean a stain, simply use hot water. This product also comes with a general stain lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
What Sort of Carpet Padding Do You Use?
We typically use an eight pound ½ inch thick carpet padding for all our carpet installations. Did you know that the quality of the padding actually impacts a person’s overall perception regarding if a carpet appears to be high-end? That’s because a good carpet pad gives your body the cushion support it needs to feel relaxed and at home in the space you’ve created. Thinking through the type of carpet padding you want is a big piece of ensuring your carpeting feels the way you were hoping it would when installed. We also offer a few other padding options that can be ordered to your preference.
Do You Have Any Basement Specific Carpeting?
Basement carpeting is a big concern for many homeowners across the northland due to the age of a home, having poorly treated basement windows that have an occasional issue during a big storm, or even city drainage backup concerns when heavy rains come through. We’re happy to offer carpeting options built with these concerns in mind. Our Mohawk product, called Air.o, is a water resistant carpeting that has a pad built into the bottom of the carpet itself that doesn’t need to be stretched when being installed. This is good news because it means if your basement ever encounters a water concern, the carpet can be pulled out, set aside to dry, and reinstalled in the same space after the crisis has been averted.
How Do You Price Your Carpeting?
Each of our carpets are priced per square foot with padding included, and also includes the cost of installation, unless otherwise specified. We use third party installers that come with glowing recommendations. Each carpet project has its own set of considerations such as if carpeting will be installed over stairs, the tier of carpet selected, etc. Therefore, we typically recommend sitting down with one of our specialists to review what you’re looking to accomplish in order to give you an accurate quote.
How Can I Get a Carpeting Quote?
If you know your project’s dimensions, you can stop in or give us a call regarding the carpeting choice you’ve been considering, and we’d be happy to provide you with a project estimate. If you’d like us to come out and measure your space, our design team also can help you schedule an appointment to make this happen!
Can I Order Carpet For My Rental Property or Commercial Space?
As a matter of fact, yes! We have quite the variety of light commercial to residential carpeting options available and work with many local commercial businesses and landlords for carpet installation. We can also order carpet tiles and indoor / outdoor carpeting options as well. If you’re interested in having Yoder’s Building Supplies become a regular partner of yours for renovation projects and plans, give us a call. We’d love to hear about your current needs. Did we also mention we have free job site delivery?!