If you’ve ever wanted to design your own dream home, we’re here to help make that happen! Yoder Building Supplies offers assistance with custom home designs by helping you draft your floor plans. Robin Yoder and Vince Nelson are our drafters that can make your floor plan come to life with our blueprint development program. From cabins to lakefront homes, we can help design some breathtaking buildings. Whether you have a design in mind, or just have a few ideas of what you would absolutely love to have in your new home, we can help you draft your plans!
What Do I Need to Build My Dream Home Myself?
If you’re hoping to use your blueprints to build your own home from the ground up, we offer all the supplies you need to make that happen. We also provide you with a cost calculated estimate on all the building materials you will need to make it happen. If you’ve worked with us to design your floor plans, and buy your framing and window package from us.
What If I Need Help Building My House Design?
Sometimes the home design is your favorite part, but you need someone to help you make it come to life. We have great connections with many area contractors that we would love to recommend to you. Feel free to stop by or give us a call for a reference list we know you won’t regret hiring. Our contractors are trusted in the community, and have been working with us for many years.
What If I Just Want to Design Part of My House?
If you’re looking to remodel your kitchen, bathroom, living space, or even put an addition on your home, we can help! Our storefront location is being transformed into a showroom for products that will give you lots of ideas. We would love to see you in person in order to show you many options for picking out colors, cabinets, and more!
We also utilize Hover to create home addition project designs as an option if you’re interested. Here’s how it works:
- We come out to your location to take photos of your home’s exterior.
- We create 3D shell model of your home on the computer using the pictures we took.
- We digitally place the addition on the home so that you can visualize its size and design.
How Does The Drafting Process Work?
When you meet with our drafting designer, we can walk you through the process of deciding what you would like in your home and where. Our blueprint layout will allow you to visualize the 3D floor plan with correct measurements and spacing. We help ensure your design is efficiently drafted to include the proper sizing to account for plumbing, electrical, and building code requirements.
How Can I Prepare For My Home Design?
If you have pictures of ideas you have liked, layouts you have seen, or features you have always wanted, have them compiled into a list. Knowing if your home will be built close to a lake also allows us to make notes about your home design to ensure the requirements for your area are met when you begin construction of your home. Some common questions we ask when helping to design a home are the following:
- What is your budget?
- What style of home do you want? (Some examples are: Two Stories, Split Level, Rambler/Ranch, Cottage, Log Cabin, or A-frame.)
- What style and general size windows would you like to have in your home?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms will your home have?
- What is your ideal kitchen layout?
- Will you have a porch, sunroom, or deck?
- Will there be a fireplace?
- Will you have a garage, and will it be attached to the house?
- How many stalls will the garage be?
- Will your new home design have a basement?
- Will you have a loft?
- How much closet space and storage are you hoping to have?
- What heat source would be ideal for your home’s location and accessibility?
Having some of these questions answered before you come to your first design appointment will allow you to be confident in your decisions and increase the efficiency of the design process!
The Interior of Your Home Design
Knowing what you want the inside of your home to look like is the final touch to make it feel real. We offer quite a variety of materials to accent your home’s personality such wood trims and railings from Bayer Built. Learn more about our interior design options we offer in store on our interior design page.
Do you have questions about something that wasn’t on our preparation list? Give us a call today! We would love to assist you.